A recent upgrade of a WordPress site is killing websites all over the internet with the following error message “Please open this page in the Admin panel only.” Webmasters worldwide are calling it the “White Screen of Death”. This error is actually caused not byWORDPRESS itself but by a very old faulty WP pligin called “Google Analytics Dashboard”.
Below is a quick fix for the WHITE SCREEN OF DEATH:
This plugin creates a fatal error in which the Webmasters are unable to get access of the wp-admin dashboard to login to their websites. FTP comes to the rescue is such situations and the only method to bring back the WordPress website back to life.
By following the simple steps below one can get back their WP website:
- Login to FTP and navigate to /www/wp-content/plugins directory.
- Find the folder named “google-analytics-dashboard”.
- Select that specific folder and then rename it to “google-analytics-dashboard_broken”.
- Once you have renamed the folder, the http://www.yourwebsite.com/wp-admin will be accessible for you to log in.
- Log in to your control panel and “delete” or “disable” the Google plugin.
That’s it! – now your website is alive again.
This is a temporary fix which can be utilized to resolve any fatal errors caused by any other broken plugins on a WordPress website.
758 total views, 2 views today